Evaluation Indicators for Advocacy Grants
- Number of people targeted with information on issue X.
- Number of media outlets that publish material developed by organization.
- Number of organizations attending meetings/assemblies.
- Number of organizations involved in coalition for issue X.
- Number and percent of (a) participants and (b) community residents providing funding to support the cause.
- Number of elected officials who publicly support the campaign.
- Number of legislative votes in favor of the program's position on issue X.
- Number of litigation in favor of the program’s position on issue X.
- Number and percent of sought actions taken by the government agency.
- Favorable legislation/reform measures passed related to program goals or development.
- Number of regulations changed in favor of issue X.
- Increased equity in community.
- Implementation of changed policy.
- Improved condition of population X.
- Number and percent of community residents satisfied with services of community organizing or policy org.
The above obtained from What Works: The Center for What Works and the Urban Institute’s Outcome Indicators Project www.urban.org/center/cnp/projects/outcomeindicators.cfm